Birthdate: 16 Feb 1981
Birthplace: Basildon, England
Weight: 178 lbs.
Residence: Carmel, IN
Dog: The Famous King Arthur
What are your racing goals:
To be remembered as one of the sports greatest talents. I have won many championships and will hopefully win a few more in my career, but it is much more rewarding to be put in the category as one of the greatest.
What are your most memorable racing achievements:
Qualifying and racing in the 100th Anniversary of the first running of the Indy 500. Qualifying was a huge relief knowing we made it safely in, but standing on the grid waiting for those famous words "drivers to your cars" could not come quick enough. The hype and build up to such an event was incredible and I just wanted to get my helmet on and crack on with the task at hand, trying to win the most prestigious race in the world! I will never forget this moment and the days leading up to it, a true once in a lifetime experience
Winning Indy Lights Championship was also pretty special. With the situation I was in, the only way I would win the championship is if I was smarter than my rivals. Contact in the early stages of the last race bent the steering and there was no way I could win by outright speed. I had to look at the big picture—the championship, and not the race win. I did what I needed to do to be champion. And no, I am not going to tell what I did or how I did it, that's my secret, sorry!!!
Who are your racing heroes:
Ayrton Senna & Terry Fullerton.
When you're not racing, what can you be found doing:
You'd probably find me lounging with the dog or in the gym, playing soccer, racquetball, boxing or any other sport. I would like to think I am an all-round legend at every sport I play! May find me eating as well. I love food.
Who has had the greatest influence on you racing career:
My old boy, for sure. He has been my teacher from day one. There have been other very influential people throughout my career, but he tops them all.
What's your life motto:
Be persistent, have relentless determination, always strive to be better and never forget where you came from.
What are some of your hobbies:
Eating, Working out, Boxing, Karting, Coaching the younger generation how to be a professional racing driver and fulfill their dreams.
What's your personal vehicle:
What's on Your iPod:
Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5, Snoop Dogg, Usher, Steve Aoki, Ariana Grande, Elton John, Billy Joel, and the list goes on.I love music. I am that person with the music as loud as possible in the car singing away!
What are some of your favorite movies:
Snatch, Talladega Nights, Step Brothers, Bourne Supremacy
Who are your favorite comedians:
Ricky Gervais & Chelsea Handler
What's your favorite drink:
What's your favorite off-track sport:
Soccer or Rugby
What's your biggest weakeness:
Cadburry's mini eggs!!
2013 - Sports Cars, Karting
- Named Maserati test driver
- Finished 4th in the prestigious RoboPong 200 mile go-kart race
2011 IZOD IndyCar Series - Sam Schmidt Motorsports/RLL Racing, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
- Competed in 4 total races (Indianapolis, Texas, Las Vegas)
- Best finish - 15th (Texas)
2010 IZOD IndyCar Series, Karting - Sarah Fisher Racing
- Competed in 5 total races (Kansas, Indianapolis, Texas, Mid-Ohio, Chicagoland)
- Best finish - 22nd (Chicago)
- Winner Robopong 200 mile go-kart race
2009 Firestone Indy Lights - Team PBIR
- Competed in 6 total races (St. Petersburg, Long Beach, Kansas, Indianapolis)
- Four top 10, two top 5 finishes
- Best finish - 4th (Indianapolis)
2008 IndyCar Series - Roth Racing
- Competed in 5 total races (Homestead-Miami, St. Petersburg, Motegi, Kansas, Watkins Glen)
- Best finish - 13th (Motegi and Kansas)
2007 Firestone Indy Lights - SpeedWorks
- Completed in 3 total races (Homestead, St. Petersburg)
- Best finish - 5th (St. Petersburg)
2006 Indy Pro Series - Sam Schmidt Motorsports
- Winner Indy Pro Series Championship, Closest championship margin in series history (4 points)
- 2 race wins (Nashville and Kentucky), 7 total podium finishes
- 2 pole positions (Homestead-Miami and Chicagoland)
2005 U.S. Formula Ford Zetec, Star Mazda
- Winner U.S. Formula Ford Zetec Championship
- Rookie of the Year
- 9 wins (Broke series record previously held by Dan Wheldon)
- 6 pole positions
- Winner Star Mazda at Mosport
2004 U.S. Formula Ford Zetec
- Winner Infineon Raceway (Debut race)
2003 British Formula Ford Zetec, UK Formula Renault 2000
- Winner British Formula Ford Zetec Championship
- 4 wins, 7 pole positions
- Winner United Kingdom Formula Renault 2000 Winter Series Championship
- BRDC Rising Star honors
- Winner Intercontinental-A British Open Championship
- Winner ICA British Open Championship
- Winner British Championship
From 1988 Karting
- Winner 7 club championship
- 100+ race wins
- 21 consecutive race wins (Junior Karting Division)
- 25+ pole positions